4 de agosto de 2010

Natasha "blown away"after meeting Westlife at their homecoming gig in Sligo

LOCAL woman Natasha Woods had a once in a lifetime experience on Friday when she got to meet her heroes Westlife at their homecoming concert in Lissadell House in Sligo.

The 27-year-old landed the dream prize after winning a competition on the Colm and Lucy show on 2FM.

Having made the trip to the North West with her best friend Amy Callaghan, Natasha admitted that she did not know what to expect but told The Dundalk Democrat on Monday that she was "blown away" by how nice Mark, Shane, Nicky and Kian were in person.

"I had a ball. It was absolutely brilliant," she said.

"I didn't expect it at all. Our seats were great and then about 7.45pm we were taken to the courtyard of Lissadell House where we met Louis Walsh. I think he was doing some filming for X Factor so one of the guys from Westlife must be a mentor.

"Then we met Jodi Albert and her band Wonderland who were supporting Westlife. They were really nice but we missed them on stage because we were waiting for Westlife.

"The lads were so nice to us. They had all the time in the world for us and posed for as many pictures as we wanted and signed anything we asked them to. They were so polite and must've given us about 15 minutes.

"They asked us all where we came from and made it feel quite personal. I explained that I had travelled over from Dundalk and Nicky said he had heard me winning the competition on the radio.

"Overall the whole experience was brilliant. I'll never forget it," she said.

Of course, the night didn't end there for Natasha – who manages Exhibit in the Marshes Shopping Centre - as she still had the concert to look forward to.

"They were absolutely brilliant live.

"They started with Where We Are and it just got better from there on. I'll See You Again was amazing but my favourite song was Already There.

"It was just an unbelievable show, an unbelievable experience and I'll never forget it."

Natasha's prize included an overnight stay in the Clarion Hotel but unfortunately she had to put off her stay there.

"We ended up not staying because Amy had work the next day so we just drove home after the concert.

"The hotel agreed to change the date for me and I plan to use it for my husband's birthday in September," she said.
Fuente: http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario